Currently the server and scripts are able to perform these tasks:
- Add new tracks/videos to iTunes Library.
- Remove tracks/videos from iTunes Library.
- Tell iTunes that the metadata needs to be refreshed from a file of the track/video.
- List tracks that have missing files (dead tracks).
- Remove tracks that have missing files (dead tracks).
- Display information about tracks/videos in the iTunes library.
The server will work on windows or Mac OS X as long as the requirements are installed.
- iTunes (latest)
- Mac OSX or Windows
- Mac Ruby ( On Mac OSX)
- Ruby Gems: escape, sqlite3
I'm hoping that work can start on the next version now. Currently have ideas for some features such as:
- Different database backends
- Play, pause, skip tracks etc...
- Create a GUI to control iTunes remotely.