Tuesday 25 November 2008

Bluetooth on the Dell Studio 15 using Opensuse 11.0

So I've been wanting to get the bluetooth working under OpenSuSE 11.0 on my dell stuide 15. I've had it working on other computers, but it did not seem to work.

I've now managed to get it working by trying some of the ideas on this page. I had to adapt things to OpenSuSE a little, but basicly all that is needed is too edit the /etc/modprobe.conf.local and add the line "options hci_usb reset=1". Now make sure the bluetooth server is running at startup, and reboot.

If things are working, the command "hcitool scan" should list the bluetooth devices near by. I was then able to transfere files and pair my phone :-)

1 comment:

Ricardo said...

"Now make sure the bluetooth server is running at startup"

Where Can I found this option, im new in opensuse and linux.

After the edition of the file, and reboot, my bluetooth led is of and the option "setup new device" doesn't work.